Friday 3 May 2013

Question 7 (Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?)


Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

From looking back at my preliminary task i found that my camera skills had improved, and

 I learnt  how to make the scenes flow together nicely . I learnt how to put effects on the scene to make it look frighening and mysterious.I learnt how use i-movie, and also more tricky programmes such as Photoshop and final cut to make production logos and the titles for our movie. 



Firstly, in my preliminary task you see me walking into the room and sitting down at the table with Megan, we used a mid shot when you can see both me and Megan and an over the shoulder shot to show each others point of view. Our preliminary task is an example of continuity editing because it sticks to the rules and runs smoothly and was a smooth edit. The conversation we have follows the 180 degree rule because if it didn't, we may disorientate and could confuse the audience.






I have used these camerawork skills in my opening sequence when we see Jacob's feet walk into the bathroom. The continuity editing makes the film easier for the audience to watch,  it seems natural. I feel my skills have developed since my preliminary to now as i can apply many different and skillful techniques to my work.

My Opening Sequence also shows match on action but in a more sophisticated and creative way. Match on action is when an action commenced in shot A is carried on and completed in shot B this makes the movement smooth and looks natural. It is shown in my sequence when Jacob is sitting on his bed, he then picks up his glasses and in the next shot it shows him putting his glasses on and it flowed smoothly.


 

We have used techniques in our opening sequence that would have been too complicated for our preliminary task. For example we used a focus pull when me and Jacob walked across the bridge, talking and being average teenagers/young adults. It was blurred for most of the scene and the effect we wanted to create was to make us appear mysterious,  because you can't see our faces. I like the affect this created because it suited our genre and makes the storyline more appealing to the target audience.  



No comments:

Post a Comment